Resident paper competition Brazil
The competition is open to all general surgery residents, surgical specialty residents, and trauma fellows. Medical students are not eligible.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRESENTATION, ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED MAY HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY PRESENTED AT NATIONAL LEVEL BUT NOT PUBLISHED AS FULL PAPERS IN ANY PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL BEFORE MARCH, 2018.
The resident or the fellow who participate must be notified in the abstract as principal investigator. A scientific committee from the ACS-COT Brazil will select 6 abstracts for oral presentation (ONLY IN ENGLISH) during the I CONGRESSO PAULISTA DE TRAUMA 2017
The abstracts should describe original research in trauma, critical care, or injury prevention. The topics can be categorized as either: basic laboratory research or clinical investigation.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR PREPARATION AND SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
- At the top of the first page, the full title of the abstract in capital letters.
- Full name of all theauthors, with academic degrees. The name of the resident who will present the paper must be underlined. The name of the principal author, a resident, cannot be changed
- At the bottom of the page, a footnote should be included to provide the principal author’s mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address. This contact information is very important for future communications.
- The abstract should be three-page abstract and provide adequate information and objective data to evaluate the abstract properly. It must be divided in sections: hypothesis, material and methods, description of the results, and conclusions.
- Please, do not give any information to allow the identification of the institution where the study was performed.
- The abstract should be submitted electronically, Arial 10, preferably as a Word document. It is permissible to single-space the abstract
- Please, submit the abstract through the bottom in this page “Submit here” , no later than September 20th 23:59h.
EVALUATION, AWARDS AND PRESENTATION OF PAPERS
Diogo F V Garcia MD PhD FACS , Vice-chair of Brazil will verify the accomplishment of the specifications of the abstracts and will send them to the judges of the ACS-COT for evaluation. The selection of the abstracts and the modality of the presentation will be notified.
Once the 6 final abstracts have been selected, the decision will be notified in writing to the authors. The residents selected for oral presentation will receive 2 day-hotel stay in São Paulo if from another State
During the oral presentation in the judges will consider the following aspects:
- Study design
- Correct use of epidemiological tools
- Impact of the research
Oral presentations will take 10 min followed by 5 minutes of questions. The winning resident of the oral presentation in will represent BRAZIL at the Annual Meeting of Region XIV of the Committee on Trauma in 2018. The competition will pay for coach airfare to the meeting and a three-day hotel stay and R$1500,00 for expenses